Spa Castle’s ornate bath area may come as a culture shock for our more modest guests, however its beauty and allure ensures a memorable experience for all.
History of Bath Houses
Bath houses have been in existence for nearly 2000 years, with the Romans, Greeks, and Japanese at its forefront. Roman baths were known to be extravagant monuments that stood as essential pillars of society.
These areas were not only a place to bathe and heal, but also a meeting ground for business, social gatherings, and philosophical discussions to invigorate the body and mind. In Asia, heated waters were believed to have the power to cure illness by ridding the body of any impurities found both inside and out.
Spa Castle’s philosophy is to remain true to this history but with our own modern touch so that guests from all backgrounds can continue to enjoy the therapeutic benefits of bath houses.
Baths Located in the male and female locker room
Why is this area nude?
Since the beginning of bathing history, clothing was prohibited inside the tubs for sanitary reasons. Unnatural chemicals and toxins from the clothing would be drawn out by the intense heat of the water and absorbed into the pores and skin. It was also said that a bather wearing clothing in this area was trying to conceal an unhealthy condition that was worth hiding.
* To promote the cleanest waters for our guests and to stay true to ancient bath traditions, clothing and/or any form of bathing suits are prohibited inside all locker room baths. Each guest must shower prior to using any of the baths or pools.
Suggested Use of the Bath Area
- Head-to-toe cleanse and exfoliation at seated showers PRIOR to entering baths.
- Emersion in one or more of the heated tubs, increasing temperatures as you go.
- Scrub Massage treatment.
- Use of dry and wet sauna rooms.
- Another shower and/or soaking in heated tubs.
- A dip in the cold plunge to close the pores and tighten the skin.
- Seated showers
- Seated showers are popular as it allows for a more thorough cleansing of the body through lathering and exfoliating of the skin. Children and parents help scrub each other’s backs epitomize the pure and simple culture of the communal bath tradition.
King Suite Reconstruction
This post has no media panel and no transparency on the header!
Private terraces and balconies take your living space outside. Its origins lying in the vision…Read More
We have a brand new jacuzzi room
This is a post with photo and titles on the media panel
All the Jacuzzi Suites have free access to the Xenia Wellness and to the 15th…Read More
Rooms with Pool View
Stay relaxed, stay productive, and stay in the heart of it all at Hotel room…Read More
The Importance of Exercise
Large Heading Style
Exercise increases blood flow and oxygen levels in the brain. It also encourages the release…Read More
Workout for Everyone
Media Panel simple with color and titles!
As we age, we naturally begin to wonder how our limits change. Conventional wisdom is…Read More
10 Tips On Modern Healthy Life
Narrow black layout in this post, no sidebar!
Everyone talks about getting “healthier”. But it’s tough isn’t it? Especially when there are so many…Read More
Fullscreen media panel
This is a particular type of hydro massage in which a special mixture of essential…Read More
Relaxing is Essential
Simple post with titles on media panel
By adopting the chenot method of work we gradually unfold our holistic vision to detoxify,…Read More
Superior Guest Rooms have intuitive layouts and a wide range of amenities. The reputation continued…Read More